Fairfield College Preparatory School
1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, Connecticut, 06824-5157, United States
Secondary (e.g. 12-19 yrs)
Head of School
Please log in to view
Dr. Thomas de Quesada
Rev. Thomas M. Simisky, S.J.
Michael Tunney, S.J.
Fairfield College Preparatory School was founded in 1942 by the Society of Jesus. The Jesuits had sought the permission of Rev. Maurice F. McAuliffe, bishop of Hartford (Connecticut was at that time one diocese) for the founding of a Catholic college preparatory school for boys in Connecticut, and His Excellency had assented not only to the request for a high school, but also to the establishment at a later time of a college linked to the new prep school (Fairfield University would open its doors in 1946).
The Jesuit Fathers were fortunate in that two adjoining estates in Fairfield were available for purchase, one belonging to the Lasher family and another to the Jennings family. The Jesuits bought both properties along with their respective mansions and merged them to create the new campus, renaming the Jennings mansion McAuliffe Hall in honor of the bishop and the Lasher mansion Bellarmine Hall in honor of St. Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, S.J., the new school’s patron saint.
Mission - Vision