Table of Contents:
- 2: Your Obligations
- 3: Rights and Limits
- 4: Exclusion of Guarantees and Responsibility
- 5: Termination of Your Membership
- 6: Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
- 7: General Terms
- 8: Educate Magis “Dos and Don’ts”
- 9: Complaints Regarding Content
- 10: How to Contact Us
Our Mission is to create a vibrant online community that will connect educators from our Jesuit and Ignatian schools around the world.
This community, transcending boundaries and borders, will open a new way of proceeding for our schools in service of the Jesuit mission, a faith that does justice.
Educate Magis is dedicated to answering the Society’s call to become a “universal body with a universal mission”, enabling us to collaborate in solidarity as a global community.
1-2: Members and Visitors
When you register and join the Educate Magis community you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features of our Services as a “Visitor.”
To become a Member of Educate Magis you must be an educator or staff member of a Jesuit or Ignatian school or a member of a Jesuit educational organization. Membership is not for students.
1-3: Changes to our Policies
We make changes to our Policies from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes.
2: Your Obligations
2-1: Your Eligibility to Use Our Services
You’re eligible to be a Member of Educate Magis and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
Our Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” or older; (2) you will only have one Educate Magis account which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by Educate Magis from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Educate Magis to lawfully provide the use of the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2-2: Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
2-3: Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites and to the contact information you provided us with. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within Educate Magis, or (2) sent to the email address you provided us. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Please review your settings to update your notification preferences and control what messages you receive from us.
2-4: Sharing Content
When you share information on our Services, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, private messages, instant chats, conversation replies, connected classrooms, video, documents, lesson plans, keynotes and blog articles. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members or Visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, posting comments or conversations within a private group, posting comments or conversations visible only to other Members).
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Services and can remove it at our sole discretion, with or without notice.
2-5: Participation in Forum Conversations, Chats and Other Communication in the Virtual Community
We are not responsible for Members’ opinions expressed within the Community and shared on our Services.
Educate Magis is not responsible for opinions expressed in forums, chats and other online participation spaces within the community. Messages published in these spaces represent solely the opinions of their authors and not those of the administrators or moderators (except for the messages that they themselves post).
In registering as a member, users must agree not to publish material that is abusive, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar, violent in any way, threatening, or in any way in violation of the law. In addition, users accept that Educate Magis may exercise its ability to erase, edit, move or shut down any message that it considers inadequate. For more detail see our Community Norms.
3: Rights and Limits
3-1: Your Permission to Educate Magis
You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us non-exclusive permission to it.
We’ll honor the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
As a Member of Educate Magis, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services and you are only granting Educate Magis the following non-exclusive permission:
Global, transferable and sublicensable permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. This permission is limited in the following ways:
- You can revoke permission for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Services and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will get your consent if we want to give others permission to publish your content beyond the Services. However, if you choose to share content, e.g. a blog article, we will enable a feature that allows other Members to share that public post with third-party services (e.g. Facebook), and we enable search engines to make that public content findable though their services.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
You and Educate Magis agree that if content includes personal data, it is subject to our Privacy Statement.
You and Educate Magis agree that we may access, store, process and use any information and personal data that you provide in accordance with the terms of the Privacy Statement and your choices (including settings).
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Educate Magis, you agree that Educate Magis can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Educate Magis profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Educate Magis may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3-2: Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end any of our Services at our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted.
Educate Magis is not a storage service. You agree that we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content or information that you or others provide, except to the extent required by applicable law and as noted in our Privacy Statement.
3-3: Others’ Content
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk.
Others may offer their own products and services through our Services, and we aren’t responsible for those third-party activities.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Educate Magis does not always review content provided by our Members or others. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let members know you or your organization were mentioned in a news article.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
3-5: Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
Educate Magis reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services
Educate Magis only authorizes visualization, printing, downloading or temporary storage, in part or as a whole, of the contents and/or the elements inserted into the website or in the pages of which it consists for personal, private and non-lucrative use by the user, as long as, in any or all cases, they indicate the origin and/or author and that, in such a case, the copyright symbol and/or indications of industrial property of EDUCATE MAGIS or its holders are included.
3-6: External Links on Educate Magis
We’re outlining the use of external links of the Educate Magis website.
In the case that the website includes links or hyperlinks to other websites, Educate Magis does not exert any control over these websites or their contents. In no case does Educate Magis accept responsibility of any kind for the contents of a link to an external page nor does it guarantee the availability, quality, credibility, accuracy, breadth, veracity, validity and constitutionality of any material or information contained in any of the stated hyperlinks or other websites. In addition, the inclusion of these external connections does not imply any kind of association, fusion or participation with the entities in question.
You may create links or hyperlinks to the website www.educatemagis.org as long as they fulfil the following criteria and make use of the same in keeping with these General Conditions of Use and all applicable laws. Any website that links to this Educate Magis website:
- Authorizes the link to all unregistered Educate Magis pages. b) Will not infringe on any intellectual property rights and/or any other rights, nor will it violate any section of the applicable legislation. c) The use of the link does not imply, nor should it result in any confusion, that Educate Magis supports the products, services, websites or holders of the websites. d) Must not falsify, detract from or alter the true relationship, in the case that it exists, with Educate Magis nor provide incorrect information about Educate Magis. e) The website, services or products offered therein must not be of a nature contrary to morality and public order or that might prove defamatory, illegal, obscene or offensive.
3-7: Automated Processing
We may use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others.
We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to send you on relevant conversations, content or virtual classrooms or to put you in contact with other members working in the same subject area. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4: Exclusion of Guarantees and Responsibility
4-1: Responsibility of Educate Magis
We outline our responsibilities.
Educate Magis is not responsible in any case for damages of any nature that may result, such as: errors or omissions in content, a lack of availability of the websites or the transmissions of viruses or malicious or harmful programs through contents, in spite of having taken all steps to avoid it.
Educate Magis does not guarantee the accuracy, veracity or validity of contents, information, articles, opinions, offers and similar elements in this website, be they our own, those of third parties, or drawn from links to other websites. Educate Magis is completely free from all responsibilities derived from use of the above stated.
Educate Magis does not guarantee the correct operation, with respect to availability and continuity, of our website. In consequence, Educate Magis is completely free from any responsibility derived from interruptions or problems of operation of our websites.
4-2: Responsibility of You, the User
We outline your responsibilities as a User.
You assume all responsibilities derived from the use of our Services and are the only Party responsible for all effects that derive, directly or indirectly, from the website, including but not limited to, all adverse economic, technical and/or judicial effects, as well as the failure to meet expectations generated by our websites; you must exclude Educate Magis from any claims derived, directly or indirectly, from such events.
5: Termination of Your Membership
We can each end your membership anytime we want.
Both you and Educate Magis may terminate your membership and close your account at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared
through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
To close your account, visit your profile and click ‘delete account’ under settings. If you require assistance with this contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6: Applicable Legislation and Jurisdiction
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, Educate Magis and you agree to resolve it in Irish courts using Irish law.
The relationship between Educate Magis and the user is regulated by current Irish law. The user hereby submits to the Irish justice system and expressly renounces the right to be tried by their own laws and authorities, should any apply to them.
7: General Terms
If a court with authority over these Terms finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of these Terms.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of these Terms, that does not mean that Educate Magis has waived its right to enforce these Terms. You may not assign or transfer these Terms (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Educate Magis may assign these Terms to a party that takes ownership of Educate Magis without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8: Educate Magis “Dos and Don’ts”
Educate Magis is a community of professionals. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” along with our Community Norms limit what you can and cannot do on our Services.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Educate Magis, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Educate Magis;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Educate Magis, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “Educate Magis” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided by the Educate Magis team.
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without consent from Educate Magis;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Community Norms or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
9: Complaints Regarding Content
Contact information for complaint about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. To issue a complaint concerning content posted by our Members, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Content Complaint”.
10: How to Contact Us
Our Contact information. In case you have further questions.
To send us notices or services of process, or for any further queries please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at Educate Magis, IDA Business Park, Upper Dangan, H91P2DK, Galway, Ireland.