We are delighted to announce the opening of the sign-up for two Facilitator-Led Global Courses! This is a new synchronous global learning experience for Ignatian educators.
The Facilitator-Led Global Courses are a new course modality that gives members of our global community the opportunity to learn together with a global group of learners from other schools and countries around the world led by facilitators who will summarize the content, facilitate group exercises, reflections and discussions amongst you and the other participants. This will give you a chance not only to dive deeper into the materials, but it also gives you the opportunity to share with, listen to and learn from other Ignatian educators living in different contexts across the globes, thus providing global perspectives as well as personal opinions and experiences on the topics covered within the course.
There are two Facilitator-Led Global Courses available to sign up for, “Ignatian Global Citizenship” A Synchronous Global Learning Experience, and “4 Key Practices in Ignatian Spirituality” A Synchronous Global Learning Experience.
As an educator in a Jesuit and Ignatian school, through the “Ignatian Global Citizenship” facilitator-led synchronous experience you will learn the importance of Global Citizenship and work with other educators from different Jesuit schools around the world with materials and activities which can be used to teach and accompany your students to become global citizens. The course will give you an introduction into the topic of Global Citizenship Education. It consists of 5 lessons: What is Global Citizenship?, Human Rights and Global Goals, Social Justice, Right to Education, and Caring for our Common Home. The course has been designed in line with the IPP, encouraging Experience, Reflection and Action. Each group of learners will have 7 synchronous sessions led by facilitators.
The “4 Key Practices in Ignatian Spirituality” facilitator-led synchronous experience is a foundational Ignatian Spirituality course structured around four key Ignatian insights and is inspired by the life and spiritual experiences of Ignatius of Loyola. The learning dynamics are based also on the widely practiced Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm (IPP). You will engage in activities and interact through discussions led by facilitators and with colleagues from around the world on these four key Ignatian practices: Ignatian Reflection and the Examen of Consciousness, Ignatian Spiritual Conversation, Ignatian Discernment and Decision Making, and Model the practices of a Contemplative in Action. The course lasts for 8 weeks and each group of learners will have 5 synchronous sessions led by facilitators.
Here are the dates and times we are currently offering these two synchronous global learning experiences.
The “Ignatian Global Citizenship” Facilitator Led Course will be starting on the following dates and times:
- Group A – Mondays September 27th – November 8th @ 5:30pm GMT /10:30am PDT (L.A) / 1:30pm EST (Boston) / 7:30pm CET (Rome)
- Group B – Wednesdays September 29th – November 10th @ 9:00am GMT / 11:00am CET (Rome) / 2:30pm IST (Mumbai) / 5:00pm PHT (Manila) / 7:00pm AEDT (Sydney)
To learn more and sign up to your preferred date and time please go to “Ignatian Global Citizenship” A Synchronous Global Learning Experience English speakers sign up.
- Group D – Mondays October 4th – November 8th, @ 2:00pm GMT [9:00am COT (Bogota) / 10:00am EST (Boston) / 11:00am BRT (Sao Paolo / Buenos Aires) / 4:00pm CET (Madrid) / 7:30pm IST (Mumbai)
- Group E – Tuesdays October 12th – November 23th, @ 4:00pm GMT [11:00am COT (Bogotá) / 12:00pm EST (Boston) / 1:00pm BRT (Sao Paolo / Buenos Aires) / 6:00pm CET (Madrid)
To learn more and sign up to your preferred date and time please go to “Ignatian Global Citizenship” A Synchronous Global Learning Experience Spanish speakers sign up.
The “4 Key Practices in Ignatian Spirituality” Facilitator Led Course will be running between the following dates and times:
- Xavier Cohort – Tuesdays from October 11th – December 3rd @ 7:00 GMT / * 9:00 CET / 12:30 IST (Mumbai) / 18:00 AEDT (Sydney) *Please note the time difference for Europe in November due to the DST.
- Loyola Cohort – Wednesdays from October 11th – December 3rd @ 17:00 GMT / 19:00 CET / *10:00 PDT (Los Angeles) / *13:00 (US Eastern) in Oct and 18:00 (GMT), 11:00 PDT (Los Angeles), 14:00 (US Eastern), 19:00 (CET) in November/Dec *Please note the time difference for GMT and PDT in November/December.
To learn more and sign up to your preferred date and time please go to “4 Key Practices in Ignatian Spirituality” A Synchronous Global Learning Experience English speakers sign up.
By signing up to any of these courses you will be joining a 7-week deep synchronous immersion course (for the Ignatian Global Citizenship Course) and an 8-week deep synchronous immersion course (for the Ignatian Spirituality course) with a global group of Ignatian educators who will meet with the facilitators for 90 minute sessions to reflect, discuss and learn together.