This is a collection of lesson plans and support materials for the “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” – Refugee Simulation, put together by Malia Bernards at Jesuit High School Portland, in the United States.
“Walk a Mile in My Shoes” is an awareness experience, which provides individuals and school communities with an opportunity to pause and experience, if only vicariously, and for a few moments, the frustrations, disappointments and hopes that refugees around the world face. all educators in our schools are invited to gather your colleagues and students and see what it might be like to Walk a Mile in a refugee’s shoes.
What will you find in this collection?
- Refugee Context Presentation (PPT)
- Refugee and IDP Data (PDF)
- Key Terms Refugee Stories (PDF)
- Refugee Simulation Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Refugee Simulation Reflection Questions (DOC)