8th Colloquium on Jesuit Education
Monday, June 20 – Friday, June 24, 2016
Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
Purpose: Colloquium 2016 is designed so that it might provoke in educators from institutions throughout the Jesuit Schools Network a deeper analysis of who we are, what we are doing and how best we might move into the future. Colloquium 2016 will offer answers to the question of how do we ensure that Jesuit schools are not unwittingly lulling ourselves into complacence and dulling the effect we could have as Ignatian educators well into the 21st Century?
Theme: Jesuit Education: Deepening Awareness; Calling for Action is the overarching theme of Colloquium 2016 and participants will be challenged throughout the week to consider how Jesuit schools “live wisely, think deeply, and love generously.”
Attendance: Colloquium 2016 is open to all who work in schools within the Jesuit Schools Network. The event will offer programming, conversation and speakers which will be relevant to all of models of schools and all manner of professionals within the Network.
Design: The design for Colloquium 2016 includes:
- Speakers whose commentaries will touch on themes of conscience, competence, compassion and commitment (the themes from the 2014 SIPEI Seminar Overview and SIPEI Report).
- Reflectors who will respond to major content pieces from their lived perspective in their individual schools.
- Five Ignatian Educator Fair sessions throughout the week, organized around the daily themes.
- Opportunities for socializing, networking and community building.
[View current program design]
Costs: The fees for Colloquium 2016 include an air-conditioned room in dormitory suites with bath, all meals except for Tuesday evening, refreshment breaks and socials, use of the university gym, wifi throughout campus and meeting expenses.
- Single dormitory room $925
- Commuter (no on-campus housing) $775
- Nativity School participant $700
- Spouse (not working at your school) $550
Contact: If you have questions, please contact Jeff Howard, Director of Ignatian Mission Formation [[email protected]].