Schools all over the world were invited to celebrate the feast of St. Francis Xavier this year in a special and meaningful way.
Students were invited to take a creative and “out-of-the-box” photo of themselves and/or their friends in front of the Jesuit Schools Map to convey a message of hope, zeal, sustainability, diversity and belonging to a global community.
The global project initiated by the Asia Pacific Jesuit Education Secretariat (JCAP) took off and ran during the months of October and November 2016 on Instagram with the hashtag #SFX2016.
Now at the beginning of December we are delighted to announce the winners!
A big thank you goes to the international panel of judges who awarded the winning schools with a special “Magis Certificate”.
- Fr. José Mesa SJ, Education Secretary for the International Commission on the Apostolate of Jesuit Education (ICAJE)
- Fr. Mark Raper SJ, President of the Jesuit Conference of Asia Pacific (JCAP)
- Fr. Hugo Alexis Moreno SJ, President of FLACSI in Latin America
- Fr. Bill Muller SJ, Executive Director of the Jesuit Schools Network of North America (JSN)
- Ms. Marie Thérèse Michel, Director of JECSE in Europe
- Fr. Sunny Jacob SJ, JEA Secretary in South Asia
- Mr. Éamonn McGuinness, the Community Director of Educate Magis
The 2016 SXF Instagram Competition Winners are:
Asia Pacific (JCAP) – St. Ignatius’ College Riverview, Sydney, Australia
Latin America (FLACSI) – Instituto Madre de la Misericordia, Posadas, Argentina
North America (JSN) – De Smet Jesuit High School, St. Louis, USA
Europe (JECSE) – Kollegium Kalksburg, Vienna, Austria
South Asia (JEA) – St. Lawrence High School (Secondary Section), Kolkata, India
Thanks to all the education secretaries and school administrators for supporting this project.
Congratulations to all the winners, and to all who participated and sent in their entries! Thank you for joining this first-ever regional and international celebration of the Feast of St. Francis Xavier! A special thanks to Fr. Johnny Go SJ, Secretary for Education in Asia Pacific (JCAP) for this wonderful initiative!