For the past number of years, we, the global community of Jesuit schools, have been raising awareness amongst our school communities around the world on the importance of the right to education through the Global Red Chair Project. A project, which started out in a Jesuit school in the north of Spain and was then shared with more schools in Spain through Jesuit NGO Entreculturas has been brought to at least 30 Jesuit schools around the world.
It is wonderful to see the ways in which different schools and classrooms, depending on their context, have adapted and implemented this powerful global project with their students.
To see the all photos that have been shared and share your own photos click here.
It’s inspiring also to see how teachers have used the Red Chair lesson plans, followed the stories of the implementation of the project in other schools and shared their own fascinating ideas on how to keep implementing this great project in different and creative ways through online conversations on Educate Magis. We have put together a Red Chair Collection which holds all these wonderful resources for you to use and enjoy.
The last time we shared an update on the number of schools implementing the Global Red Chair Project we were at 22. We now have 8 new schools who have introduced the Red Chair and earned the Red Chair Badge! A total of 30 schools who have implemented the Red Chair Project globally! Here is the complete list.
Congratulations to all of these schools!
- Colegio Inmaculada de Gijón, Spain
- Colegio Nuestra Señora del Recuerdo, Madrid – Spain
- St. Aloysius College, Birkirkara – Malta
- Istituto Massimo, Rome – Italy
- Gonzaga College, Dublin – Ireland
- Georgetown Preparatory School, Washington – USA
- Loyola High School, Montreal – Canada
- Unidad Educativa Particular Javier, Guayaquil – Ecuador
- St. George College, Harare – Zimbabwe
- Boston College High School, Boston – USA
- Gonzaga College High School, Washington – USA
- St. Ignatius High School, Cleveland – USA
- St. John’s Jesuit High School and Academy, Toled0 – USA
- Colegio Santa Luisa, Bogotá – Colombia
- Unidad Educativa San Luis Gonzaga, Quito – Ecuador
- Unidad Educativa San Felipe Neri, Riobamba, Ecuador
- Unidad Educativa Particular Borja, Cuenca – Ecuador
- Unidad Educativa Cristo Rey, Portoviejo – Ecuador
- Colegio del Sagrado Corazón, León – Spain
- Colegio San José, Valladolid – Spain
- Istituto Leone XIII, Milan – Italy
- Colegio San Estanislao de Kostka, Salamanca – Spain
- Fairfield Prep, Connecticut – USA NEW!
- Jesuit High School Portland, Oregon – USA NEW!
- St. Bonaventure’s College, Canada NEW!
- Colégio das Caldinhas, Areias – Portugal NEW!
- KOSTKA Jesuit Public High School, Krakow – Poland NEW!
- Istituto Sociale, Turin – Italy NEW!
- Colégio Anchieta, Porto Alegre – Brazil NEW!
- Xavier College, Melbourne – Australia NEW!
If your school has implemented the Red Chair but have not yet been awarded the badge be sure to let us know!
If you have not yet carried out the Red Chair Project but wish to do so in the coming months feel free to leave a comment or questions at the end of this post.
We look forward to continuing to raise awareness amongst our students on the millions of children who do not have access to education.
Note: Article updated on February 7th to include Xavier College, Melbourne.