As Christmas approaches, many of us are preparing carol and prayer services in our schools. At Educate Magis we are preparing a Virtual Global Christmas Prayer service. Sounds interesting, right? But what exactly does it mean? On the Educate Magis platform we have a tool called Connected Classrooms which allows different schools from around the world to connect via video. The best thing is it’s free for all members – you don’t need to create extra accounts or download extra applications. For the third year in a row we would like to invite Jesuit schools around the world to connect so students can share their Christmas wishes with their peers in other countries.
When is it?
We will have two virtual connections on December 4th, one at 9am GMT and one at 4pm GMT. We recommend you look up what time that is in your own time-zone. We will host two virtual connections so we can invite people from different hemispheres and time-zones and hope that one of the two connections will work for you! Here are some examples to help you figure the time of the connection in your own time-zone.
9am GMT = 10am Spain, 2:30pm India, 5pm China
4pm GMT = 10am Mexico, 11am Colombia, 11am US East, 1pm Brazil
How long will it last?
The connection will last between 40 mins and 1 hour, depending on how many schools join!
What language will it be in?
We would like to make this as inclusive as possible, however the language which most students speak is English. So we will host the connection in English and will give students the opportunity to also share in Spanish, Portuguese, French or any other language.
What age group is this for?
It is for students between the ages of 10 and 18 years.
How many students can participate?
We recommend a relatively small group of students, between 5 and 15. All students may not have the opportunity to speak but they will all be able to listen and can all prepare for this event together.
What technology do I need?
- A laptop with a webcam
- A projector
- Stable internet connection
What do I need to do to participate?
- Click here to visit our Virtual Classroom
- Click Join on the top right corner
- Leave us a comment in the green Chat Box to let us know which connection you would like to join and how many students will be participating.
Do my students need to do anything to prepare?
All schools who participate will be asked to prepare
- a short presentation of their class and of their school, the city and country it is located in, when it was founded and what languages are spoken in the school.
- a Christmas prayer/poem/song dedicated to a particular cause/deed/people/person/school.
- a Christmas wish to share with all Jesuit schools around the world – this will be recorded and sent to the entire global community at Christmas.
Note: students can prepare these together and take turns reading them out.
We look forward to connecting students from around the world for another special global Christmas Prayer!! If it is your first time doing this and you are nervous, please let us know we are delighted to make this an exciting and enjoyable experience for you and your students!
Please comment below if you have any questions or send us an email at [email protected]