Educate Magis is looking for an Online Community Facilitator to join the team.
The Mission of Educate Magis is to create a vibrant online community to connect educators from the 2,000+ Jesuit/Ignatian schools around the world. This community, uninhibited by boundaries or borders, is opening a new way of proceeding for our schools. Educate Magis aims to enable us to collaborate in solidarity as a global community to better serve our mission – a faith that promotes justice. The Educate Magis community platform was launched in April 2015. Educate Magis continues to develop and update in response to real needs of the worldwide Jesuit Education community, and today has a worldwide community of 5,500 members.
You will work with a very committed full-time team (a Global Citizenship Specialist, a Mission and Identity Facilitator, a Community and Communications Specialist, a Web Developer and a part-time Graphic Designer). You will of course be working with members of the worldwide Jesuit Education community and the very passionate (part-time) International steering group. You will report to the Community Director in Galway, Ireland.
The Responsibilities: You will:
- help facilitate the growth of the online Jesuit Education community, including managing the life cycle of members joining, participating, contributing, volunteering and retiring.
- assist with the development and promotion of Global Citizenship projects and the implementation of these projects in schools around the world.
- build bridges helping schools around the world to participate in and learn from the Global Online Community to serve the Jesuit Education mission.
- forge relationships, collaborations, partnerships and be one of the key links from our team with the many Jesuit Schools.
Day to day you will be communicating in English with the core Educate Magis team and you will be located with this team in an office in Galway City, Ireland.
- You will be nurturing and facilitating a much-needed global Jesuit Education community.
- You will have the chance to make a real difference in the world of young people.
- You will work with leaders in Jesuit Education and Ignatian Spirituality around the world.
- You will be empowered and encouraged to develop your full potential.
- You will work in an office environment where you will actively network with other content, inbound marketing and online community management professionals (working on different non-Education projects).
Note: This is not a digital, inbound marketing, social media manager role.
- You can fluently communicate in English and Spanish (and French would be a real bonus)
- You have some knowledge or a keen interest in Jesuit education and appreciate the importance of providing a quality education to all.
- You will have affinity for, exposure to or experience of digital/online initiatives.
- Ideally, you have an interest and perhaps some experience in building and growing networks / communities of practice – achieving results without holding line authority.
- You are a good listener and a great communicator, both written and verbal. You like to connect people and increase collaboration and engagement – because it helps others.
- You have some experience working in an international setting and you understand and appreciate diversity and the importance of intercultural communication.
- You are an independent problem solver and you like to take initiative, but you also ask for help. You are a person who can get stuff done – and are prepared to work very hard.
To apply for this position please send your resume and detail your specific interests in the role to email@example.com (and also include your salary requirements).