From January 15th to March 11th, 2020 we invite you to participate in the Jogja2020 Virtual Colloquium which will take place in Educate Magis.
What is a Virtual Colloquium?
This is your chance to be a virtual delegate for the II Colloquium JESEDU-Jogja2020 by discussing the themes which will be presented in Jogjakarta, Indonesia in July 2020.
The Virtual Colloquium will offer a first glimpse at these themes, inviting you to share your experiences and opinions and participate in a conversation with the global community.
After the Virtual Colloquium, a report summarizing its results will be sent to the presenters and participants of JESEDU-Jogja2020. We would love for your contribution, and that of our other educators, to enrich the discussion at the global colloquium in July 2020.
Objectives of the Virtual Colloquium.
- To offer members of the Global Jesuit Network of Schools an opportunity to reflect and act on the contemporary educational issues and challenges that will be discussed at the JESEDU-Jogja2020 Colloquium.
- To solicit your opinion on the issues and challenges you are facing especially in light of the Universal Apostolic Preferences and to share your views with the Jogja2020 participants.
- To strengthen the global community by enabling educators to participate in exciting and important global conversations with their colleagues from the six Jesuit regions of the world.
The Virtual Colloquium will have three Modules “Choosing Purpose”, “Cultivating Depth” and “Building Reconciliation” each with a video that presents one 21st-century issue and discusses its relation to the Universal Apostolic Preferences. You will be invited to REFLECT on Your EXPERIENCE of watching each video individually or, if you wish, discuss it with a group of fellow teachers in your school or with your students in class. In each module you will be invited to ACT by responding in different ways, depending on which you prefer, such as: joining a conversation, taking a poll or posting pictures.
Important Resources to see before January 15th:
- Invitation letter from Fr. José Mesa, SJ reminding us the relevance to participate in the Virtual Colloquium. Letter in English; Letter in Spanish.
- “Virtual Colloquium Guide”. This guide walks you through “how to participate in the Virtual Colloquium”, the “Program and Flow” of the Virtual Colloquium, and some recommendations and explanations on how the results will connect to the II Colloquium JESEDU-Jogja2020: Guide in English; Guide in Spanish; Guide in French.
- “Video Tutorial” on “how to participate in the Virtual Colloquium” Video in English; Video in Spanish; Video in French. (You can select the video subtitles by clicking Settings on the video).
About the II Colloquium JESEDU-Jogja2020.
The II Colloquium JESEDU-Jogja2020 is an international gathering for the leadership teams of our Jesuit schools. It starts the second cycle of International gatherings “Walking as a Global Network at the Service of the Mission” for members of Jesuit schools across the world. The first cycle “Discovering our Apostolic Global Potential” began with the first Colloquium (ICJSE) held in Boston, USA in 2012. This was followed by the SIPEI Seminar in Manresa, Spain in 2014 and concluded with the JESEDU-Rio2017 Congress held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2017.
Almost 500 participants from the six conferences of the Society of Jesus are expected to attend JESEDU-Jogja2020. The members of the Secretariat for Education and ICAJE (International Commission on the Apostolate of Jesuit Education) will also be there.
We are offering all the members of our Global Jesuit Network of Schools an opportunity to participate virtually in the colloquium. The Jogja2020 Virtual Colloquium will give you and the rest of our global network a chance to learn about the themes to be discussed in Jogja2020 join and shape the conversation of Jesuit education today.
If you have any questions, please don´t hesitate to leave a message in the comment box below. Thank you!